Oct 12, 2011

Hanging Book Display & Window Bulletin Board

If you're anything like me organization is a huge problem. I love organizing my life and staying organized, but other not-so-adult-like-munchkins in my home just don't see things the same way. I haven't made this one yet, but the second I get a hold of a sewing machine it is going to be the first thing that I make!! I found this tutorial from "Penny Carnival" which can help to keep all of the little books cleaned up and let the kids have easier access to them. Hopefully this will help make organizing all of the little books around your house easier for you AND your munchkins!!




What kind of blog host would I be if I only included something for the kids?! Every mom wants a little something for herself too!! This great tutorial that I found over at "The Feminist Housewife"  is PERFECT for a small entry way. A simple old window pane was created into a magnetic bulletin and cork board. This would be perfect in my entry by our garage. I am constantly writing notes for my husband on paper and throwing it on the floor in front of the door so that he sees it when he walks in the door. This is exactly what I need. The backing board was painted with three layers of magnetic paint so it would also be perfect for hanging the kids artwork! One substitution that could be used instead of painting so many layers of magnetic paint would be to use a piece of metal that can be picked up from any hardware store, paint it with a primer, then add a cute pattern as your top coat, like these stripes:



As soon as I make my versions of these I will post them!! I am dying to make them and get MYSELF and my munchkins more organized!!

Happy Humpday Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts