Nov 13, 2011

Old Books Are So Cool!!

I absolutely ADORE old books! They look so beautiful neatly lined up on a bookshelf. There is something about the old book cover with the old pages and the old print on those pages that makes for a wonderful piece of art to hold in your hands. Using old book pages to make wreaths, pumpkins, Christmas tree ornaments, and more is a very hot trend right now. Well, why not take that old book and turn it into a personalized hanging piece of wall art...??

I found these pieces on Etsy.


Or even into a beautiful candle?


You can buy these candles at Pottery Barn.

I am DETERMINED to find some old vintage books and make my version of these beautiful items this week, with a little twist: think texture and tangible!! You WON'T want to miss Funky Friday's post... It will feature a tutorial on how to make my versions.

I hope you were inspired today!!

Your slightly obsessed host,
Christi

1 comment:

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Can't wait to see them! I'm recovering a few Christmas items with book pages :)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts